Building your own bed has never been easier!
If you've been contemplating building your own bed frame but have put it off because the rail/headboard connection has given you pause, help has arrived! Desunia is pleased to offer this elegant solution which will make fast work of the hidden joinery, so you can focus your talents on the parts of the bed you actually see. It just takes minutes to install in the shop, while making it possible to assemble/disassemble the bed in seconds once it's in the room.
This is HEAVY DUTY hardware! At a full 1/8" in thickness and a height of 5 3/16", this hardware is up to the task of resisting the stresses that the joint will have to endure when the headboard is leaned on. Experienced cabinetmakers know that taking the cheap way out on the most important part of the bed does not pay.
- First, position the flat members to the side rails, making them flush to the ends. Using a vix bit, pre-drill just the 2 inner holes. Attach using the 3/4" long screws.
- Next, position the angled members on the foot/headboard, setting them in the correct distance. These members are non-handed, but remember to keep the large part of the teardrop facing up. Use a vix bit like you did earlier, pre-drilling only the 2 inner holes. Attach using the 1" long screws.
- Put the bed together and see how things look. If everything checks out, put in the remaining screws. If anything is a little off, make the necessary adjustments. Complete the job by adding the remaining screws.
- Important! While this hardware makes it a snap to disassemble the bed, you certainly do NOT want it to come apart by accident! Once the bed is in its final location, be sure to pin each corner together with a final screw.
Here's what you get
- 4 Flat bed rail fittings
- 4 Non-Handed head/footboard fittings
- All the appropriate fasteners
- Complete illustrated instructions
No reviews found
- How fast do you ship?
If you get your order to us by noon (eastern time), we frequently ship the same day.
- What does shipping cost?
We make it easy!
$2.99 flat rate if it's less than 1 lb.
$9.99 flat rate if it's over 1 lb.
FREE if it's over $99!
- What's the return policy?
We want you to shop with confidence, so we allow returns for up to 30 days with no questions asked.
- If you've installed/uninstalled the product, that's OK.
- If you don't have the original packaging, that's OK too.
- Naturally, we don't charge any restocking fees...ever.
- Now to be fair, if your order had qualified for free shipping, that'll have to be factored in when we calculate your refund.
- Where do you ship to?
Currently, we only sell to the lower 48 of the United States. (sorry Canada... dealing with customs is too much of a hassle)