How to Enter Commands in Autocad
In this tutorial, I will teach you how to start, cancel and repeat a command in Autocad. I will do it by starting with the most basic Line command. There are 2 main ways to do it.
Using the Toolbar
- Click the line button at the toolbar.
- Click two points on the screen.
- If you continue clicking anywhere on the screen you create lines continuously.
- To end making lines continuously, just press the ESC, Spacebar or Enter key.
Using the Keyboard
- Type “line” into the keyboard then press Enter or Space bar.
- All commands in Autocad have a shortcut; you don’t need to type the entire word.
- For the line command, the shortcut is the letter “L” and then hit enter or spacebar
- Click and click to make continuous lines.
- Press the Esc, Spacebar or Enter key when you’re done.
Repeating the previous command, Hit the spacebar